You can accomplish thinking in another language with practice. You definitely can practice even if you don’t live in an English-speaking country. Translating from your own language in your head before speaking will cause grammar mistakes and your communication will not be what you want it to be. You will start thinking in English when you speak more in English. If you think in English, your speech will become more fluent. These things can help you to be more proficient:
1. Look around you for single words. Name each object in English. If you do this in different situations many times, you’ll eventually start to think of objects by their English names automatically.
2. Label objects in your home to help you remember the English names for common things.
3. Practice thinking in simple English sentences. For example, if you’re having lunch, you can tell yourself “Isn’t this restaurant busy today?” and “People are enjoying the food with their friends” or “The food smells so good here”. Never worry if the grammar is not correct for now. The important thing is that you’re not translating from your first language.
4. How about describing your daily activities? When you are alone, you can speak out loud, “I am making breakfast” and “I am going for a walk”. Even “What a beautiful day!”
5. You could describe your plans for the day such as, “First I’m going to drive to the grocery store, then I will buy some vegetables and fruit. After I take everything home, I will cook lunch.”
6. Practice is very important, so practice these exercises a little every day. The more you practice, the more fluent you’ll become!
7. Speak with a native English speaker at least once or twice a week, even if you are shy or think you will make mistakes. Don’t worry because native English speakers are very kind when they speak to Non-Natives.
Do you get a chance to practice English every day?
Please Comment & Tell Me How These Tips Can Help You.